Just One Of our Programs:
As the babies gain hand, arm, and trunk control and become mobile, we introduce new and stimulating activities. Our experienced teachers are sensitive to the strong emotional attachment these little ones are developing with their parents and caregivers, and they nurture the growing bond between them. Tiny Tykes are led through a variety of beginning stretches and introductory tumbling that enhance development of their bodies and their minds. Physical development and cognitive growth are stimulated through songs, dances, and fun Adventures as well. This class is designed to help babies discover their natural abilities in a safe and energetic environment.
• Our experienced teachers are sensitive to the children’s need for social approval when trying or mastering a task. Encouragement and praise go hand in hand with My Gym!
• Tiny Tykes begin to interact with other children while dancing, exploring our weekly adventures, and taking part in separation time.
• Tiny Tykes learn by exploring. In our rich environment with setups that change weekly, they have ample opportunities to absorb new experiences.
• The babies are able to fully partake in the stimulating activities My Gym offers. From learning new songs and watching puppet shows to graduating toward focused physical activity, Tiny Tykes begin to make the connection between fitness and fun!
• The emotional attachment these little ones have with their parents and caregivers is strong. Our caring teachers encourage this attachment through songs, exercises, and games in which both participate together.
• Class ingredients are specially designed to encourage achievement of developmental milestones such as rolling over, pulling up, and crawling.
• Hand-eye coordination is promoted with the aid of a variety of toys and balls of different colors, textures and sizes.
• A combination of balance, motion, agility, and strength skills are presented weekly, broadening the physical horizons of these little ones.
IN THE GYM Parents can encourage their children’s
language development and comprehension by talking to their children about each of the class ingredients and
activities they are experiencing together.
AT HOME The songs, dances, rhymes, and puppet shows learned at My Gym can be
repeated at home for
meaningful quality time. Singing these songs may also
help to make a long drive just a little shorter!
SAFETY Although we take great care to keep children safe in the gym, please be aware that your child’s safety during class is your responsibility. Please supervise your child closely, and be sure he or she is no farther than an arm’s length away from you at all times. You will hear teachers making announcements and giving instructions throughout each class. These are important safety reminders. Please listen to and follow all instructions the teachers give.
My Gym has developed an extraordinary program and facility devised to help children 6 weeks thru 10 years of age develop physically, cognitively and emotionally. We have hundreds of locations in more than 30 countries offering structured, age-appropriate, weekly classes that incorporate music, dance, relays, games, special rides, gymnastics, sports and more. Children have loads of fun as they gain strength, balance, coordination, agility and flexibility while developing social skills, confidence and self-esteem. Our state-of-the-art facility, extensively trained staff, award-winning class programs, and excellent student/teacher ratio have earned My Gym the reputation as the best early learning program of its kind.
Every day in My Gyms throughout the world, children have loads of fun as they develop physically, cognitively, and emotionally. Our programs focus on growth in all three categories because we view each step of development in these areas as an essential "building block" toward becoming a happy, healthy, well-adjusted human being. The Building Blocks program is designed to acknowledge My Gym Kids for their efforts and achievements. It is an interactive skill and development tracking and recognition system that provides specific opportunities for our students, teachers, and parents to enjoy and celebrate the attainment of key milestones together.
Childhood obesity has doubled in the last two decades, with 10% of all children between the ages of 2 and 5 in the U.S. already overweight. My Gym is dedicated to reversing this dangerous trend. Our facilities, programs and services empower youngsters by helping them acquire the skills, confidence and positive self-image needed to become healthy young adults. We are committed to nurturing children, treating them with understanding and positive reinforcement, maintaining a supportive and noncompetitive atmosphere, and making learning fun and exciting.
The thrill of accomplishment from achieving a physical task builds self-esteem and confidence that carry over into all aspects of a child’s life. Interaction with our highly trained staff provides children the opportunity to establish warm relationships with compassionate adults, thus raising their level of comfort as they begin preschool/kindergarten. Our My Gym Kids learn more about themselves as they develop independence, self-discipline, social skills and even a sense of humor, all of which lead to an increased feeling of self-worth. A child who feels good about him/herself has a jumpstart on the path to success.